The application for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! Field trips are available from September 5, 2023 - May 31, 2024.
On this special day designed for school and youth groups, multiple activities throughout the museum will be bilingual—in Spanish and English!
Bring Your Spanish-Speaking Students on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Take part in this once-a-year field trip opportunity!
Reservations are required for the planetarium shows, as seats are limited, but all other programs are first-come, first-served in terms of getting the best seat.
Spanish-English Bilingual Programming
- 10:15am Story Time in Wander Woods in the East Garden
- 10:30 am Penguin Feeding in African Hall
- 11:30 am Coral Reef Dive show in the Aquarium
- All morning: Roam through the museum and discover the mysteries of our natural world with other Spanish-speaking experts!
- 10:30 am Recorrido por el cielo (grades 3-6) in the Planetarium
- 11:00 am Children’s Puppet Theatre: Sauropod Adventure in the Piazza
- 12:30 pm Astronomía a gran escala (grades 4 and up) in the Planetarium
Disfruten una vista previa en español con Dámaris Echevarría Soto de Telemundo y Adriel Malagón, presentador de la Academia.
Prices and Availability
San Francisco school groups attend for free, and other eligible school groups in California attend for a heavily discounted price of $12.95 per person.
First-time field trip organizers might benefit from reading these Frequently Asked Questions about field trips to the Academy.
Consider printing the Spanish-English Bilingual Chaperone Guide for your adult helpers.
Browse ready-to-print Spanish-language student worksheets, or become inspired to make your own!
Búsqueda de tesoros (preK-3)
Body Parts (preK-1)
Let's Catch Fish! (K-1)
Color Vision Hunt (K-2)
Animal Adaptations (3-8)
Predator Prey (3-8)
When you are back in the classroom, be sure to check out these other lessons and videos, as well as our Science @ Home activity bundles featuring Spanish content! The Engineer an Arthropod (5-8) activity from our Science Action Club afterschool kits might also work well for your students.